Florida implemented the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Program in 2014. The program provides benefits for care in nursing homes and assisted living facilities, as well as for hospice care, care by home health agencies, adult day centers and others.
The basic requirements for care in a nursing home or assisted living facility are as follows:
To be eligible an individual must:
1. Be 65 or older;
-or if under 65, must be disabled or blind
2. Be a U.S. citizen or qualified non-citizen (must provide proof of identity)
3. Be a current resident of Florida
4. Provide or file for a Social Security number
5. Apply for all other benefits for which the Medicaid applicant may be eligible
(i.e., Pensions, disability benefits, veterans benefits, etc.)
6. Assign to the State all rights to collect private health insurance benefits and long term care benefits
7. Meet Medicaid’s level of care requirement (skilled care, custodial care, or housebound)
8. Meet the Medicaid program’s income test.
9. Meet the Medicaid program’s asset test.
For more information, please click here.
Are you qualified? Come talk to me, and we’ll find out!
(This is a repost from last year. It still applies!)